Tuesday, October 22, 2013

San Diego Part 2 - The Wedding

The next day (Sunday) on our San Diego trip was another busy day. Cole woke up and wanted to do some swimming in the heated pool. So Pop Pop and Janet gave in and went for a morning swim.

We had plans to all go to church with Janet and David and his family around 11 AM and grabbed some lunch after that. We wanted to get back to the house so Cole could take a nap (he didn't - for awhile, but that's a whole other story!) He took all his naps either from exhaustion on the couch or in the car because the room wasn't dark and he couldn't calm down to sleep.

Sunday afternoon, all the girls had a lingerie bridal shower for Janet at a wine bar. It was a fun event just for the girls, and we had a good time hanging out. Janet got a Santa outfit as a gag gift from my Mom! Haha! That got her good and embarrassed a little bit. :)

Then, we went over to Janet & David's house to meet up with all the guys. Cole was showing off his musical skills playing guitar and the harmonica. Who knew he was so talented! He LOVED being the center of attention all weekend! That night we just had a low key pizza dinner at their house.

Cole also had so much fun playing Legos with JP (aka JPeeps - Cole was into giving everyone nicknames). He was missing his JPeeps and asking where he was for days after we left!

On Monday morning, we went to Hash House, one of our favorite San Diego places, for breakfast. They have huge portions and food that is so, so good!

How cute are Kelly and JP by the way!!

After breakfast, we went to Road Runner Sports, another tradition we have when we go out to San Diego. I got a sale top and my Mom got some shoes for my Dad and Janet...they were back at Janet & David's house getting some things ready for the wedding and picking up Stacy from the airport.

Monday night was the rehearsal dinner at 1887 on the Bay on Coronado. It was a sweet evening with all the family and friends that were coming to the wedding.

Tuesday was wedding day! A few of us went to get nails done in the morning before Janet got her hair and make up done.

I actually did the flowers for her wedding...thanks to Kelly helping my pick everything out! It was just a few simple arrangements, but I did my first bouquet. I think they turned out pretty cute, and she was happy with them. More importantly, they lasted and looked nice the whole night! Phew!

Janet and David took some pictures before heading over to their house for the wedding ceremony. Kelly took a secret picture thru the window. :)

Janet pretty much did all the decorations and organization of the wedding. My Mom did go out one weekend to do some shopping and planning in September. Here are a few pictures around her house.

And a few before the wedding pictures:

The actual wedding started around 5:30 PM. The weather was beautiful and David's Dad did the ceremony, which was really sweet.

They were so happy and excited!

We got them to do some good cake smashing. :)

Here are a few pictures from the evening after the ceremony:

We had a yummy dinner from one of Janet and David's favorite places, Bull Taco, and dessert from Cheesecake Factory. We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out and visiting. Their wedding was small, personal, and meaningful...just the way they wanted it!

Everyone was leaving on Wednesday. Janet & David left for their honeymoon in Newport Beach and the rest of my family all headed back to our respective places. We had time to all meet for brunch at Broken Yolk and a quick trip to Noon, jewelry store in Ocean Beach before heading to the airport at different times in the afternoon. We had such a great time getting to spend time with my family and Kelly and JP all week. We also enjoyed getting to know David's family and friends a little better since we'd really only seen many of them once or twice.

We actually had an easy trip back to Tulsa. We were kind of worried for a bit because our flight from San Diego was delayed and we had a tight connection in Phoenix, but the delayed time went by pretty fast and we found out that they were going to hold the plane for us in Phoenix because there was no other way for us to get home if they didn't. Thank goodness for that! It was actually nice to just walk off one plane and get right on the next. We had a good little traveler that day too.

Now we can't wait to hopefully see Janet & David again at Christmas (as long as Baby Sister doesn't decide to come super early)!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails