My niece (Tony's sister's little girl) has a birthday this week, and I wanted to get her a little apron for her birthday. I started looking on Etsy and then it occured to me...I have a sewing machine for this reason. I need to use it. I tried to talk myself out if it thinking it was going to take me a long time to do it, but I decided to just go for it.
I took Cole to the fabric store, bought a pattern, and all the necessary materials. I did it in little chunks, washed the fabric one day, layed out the pattern and cut it out another time, until we got to a weekend where I was able to have some time to sit down and acutally do the sewing. Surprisingly it only took me about 2 hours to do all the ironing and sewing...and I'm pretty slow at both! I think reading the directions on the pattern was the most difficult part. That sewing lingo!
I think I did a pretty good job for my first project...I'll have to ask my SIL what she thinks when they get it because she does some sewing too. I'm not great at sewing perfectly straight, but it wasn't so bad that I needed to re-do it or anything. I got better as I went, I think. I enjoyed the work and the satisfaction on finishing the project too. It does take a lot of focus, especially since I don't have much experience.
Here are some pics of the finished project!