Sunday, September 25, 2011

OKC/NW Ark Tournament Weekend

I haven't had much time to sit down and write about our first weekend alone since Cole was born! Two weekends ago, our friends Matt (Tony's friend from since they were little) and Devan got married in Oklahoma City. Tony was the best man in the wedding, so we needed to head over there on Friday after work for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Since we also needed to be there for the wedding as much as possible, we worked it out with my parents to watch Cole for the weekend. This was the same weekend as Stacy's tournament in NW Arkansas that we always go to. So while we headed to OKC, my parents left from our house with Cole to head to Rogers, Arkansas (near Fayetteville).

We had a nice time at the rehearsal dinner and went to a restaurant bar on Lake Heffner on Friday. Saturday, we SLEPT IN!!! Yay! For the first time since Cole was born. It was amazing! Tony did a few things with Matt and the guys while I relaxed in the hotel room. We went for a run - part along the river and part downtown. We needed to go back and start getting Tony ready and over to the museum where they were having the wedding. After I dropped off Tony, I went and toured Penn Square Mall for a bit. I even got a new dress to wear to the wedding...on sale at Gap!

We had a great time at the wedding that night. We hung out with some friends, did a little dancing, eating, the usual wedding stuff. We were able to stay all the way until the end of the wedding and had a nice relaxing time celebrating Matt and Devan. My favorite part of the wedding was this cute little lemonade mixing station. You would get strawberry, raspberry, or one other flavor mixed into lemonade, and it was delicious!

Here are some pictures from the wedding:
The honeymoon was over after that though. We had to get up at 5:30 am the next morning, so leave by 6 am to drive to Rogers to meet up with my parents and see the Cole-man again. Cole did great for them, and I think everyone really enjoyed having him around. We made it to Rogers before Stacy tee-ed off, so we were able to see all of her round. We even took Cole out on the course for pretty much all of it. (This turned out to be a big mistake since he didn't get that good of a nap in the stroller, he was crying something terrible on our way back home that night.) But we were able to see everyone which was really fun, but we sure were tired by the end of the day. Then we had to drive back home too.

My parents flew back home on Monday morning, but Stacy stayed until Tuesday morning. We convinced her to babysit Cole on Monday while we went to work. She did a great job and even changed a few diapers, fed him, and got him down for naps, no problem. It was great to be able to see Stacy for that extra time too.

It ended up being a crazy long weekend, but it was all fun stuff. It took us a few days to recover because I had to go to Jenks Wild - my school's overnight camp - on Wednesday the following week. So we used last weekend to do nothing and spend quality time with the little man.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails