The first was to paint our laundry room. We painted it the same tan color as the rest of our house when we moved in, but since the room has no windows it was kind of dark looking. We needed a change. So we decided on a light green color that brightens up the space so much more. We did the project in one afternoon with us taking turns playing with Cole when he was up. I want to get a few hooks to hang on the wall for coats and things like that.
The next project was to recover our dining room chairs. We were given the dining room furniture from a friend who was moving and wanted to get rid of it. It's a nice, big round wood table and chairs. The seat cushions were just a tan color. We want to get some color going in that room, so decided to start with the cushions. We went to JoAnn Fabrics, they were having a sale so we got the fabric 50% off and got a 15% teacher discount. We were able to recover the chairs for about $40! Here is the before and after. Now we need to do some new place mats and some curtains and we'll be all set.
We also have a third project that is almost finished. I haven't taken pictures of that yet. We had my dresser from growing up in our guest room. It was a light pine color and was kind of looking a little yellowed. We decided to make our first venture in staining and sanded and stained the dresser a blueish grey color. It looks really cool, but we don't have any hardware for the drawers yet. So pictures of that to come. We want to get our guest room a little more together and are thinking of doing a fabric headboard too.
It was a little challenging getting things like this done with the little man around now. We couldn't always work on something together and had to take turns playing with Cole or I had to feed him. But we managed and are really pleased with how everything turned out.