Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home for Christmas

Tony and I went back to The Woodlands again for Christmas this year. We left on Thursday afternoon before Christmas and stayed until the Sunday after New Years. We were there for a long time, but could have stayed longer. The first few days we just hung out at my parents' with them and my sisters, went to Christmas Eve church service, and did all the Christmas day stuff we normally do...opening gifts, coffee cake & egg casserole for dinner, Christmas dinner, seeing a movie.

Tony's favorite gift...OU clothes for the baby. Don't worry, we bought a Texas outfit when we went out shopping after Christmas!

We also frosted Christmas cookies this year. We even got David, Janet's bf, in on the fun. With so many of us, it didn't take long to get all the cookies looking pretty.

We did some after Christmas shopping/returns on Sunday with everyone which was fun even though all the stores were insanely crowded. We were able to go to some of our favorite restaurants while we were in town and had Mexican a few times too. We spent the rest of the week having a few dinners and lunches with friends or just going to visit them. It was nice to not feel rushed because we had so many days in town.

Tony also did A LOT of running...I'm talking 60+ miles in a week. Crazy! He's making up for my lack of running! I was still running about 4 miles each time we went out, but that was my last week to do so. I was feeling pretty good because I wasn't on my feet working all day, but my belly did start to get bigger towards the end of the trip making it tougher to run that distance. The weather was great for running. We had some days where we even wore shorts and tshirts...gotta love Houston in December.

On Friday, I had my first baby shower...more on that later. The rest of the weekend was spent watching football bowl games and relaxing until we left on Sunday. We also played a lot of cards this trip. Tony got the "pickle present" for finding the pickle ornament which was a game called Phase 10. I had never played it before, but apparently it's been around for awhile. So that became the new family game this time. I think we played almost every night. I won once at least!

We had a great time and enjoyed getting to see all of our friends and family. We were bummed to go back home on Sunday, but like always we've gotten back into our routine just fine. Now we are preparing for some possible snow and really cold weather the next few days!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails