Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has definitely been a crazy one. It started with my flight from Houston to Tulsa on Sunday night, being delayed for over an hour which meant I didn't get to Tulsa until almost midnight. I then had a 35 minute drive back to Bartlesville. After sleeping for a few hours, I turned around at 6:45 the next morning and drove back to Tulsa for work.

On Tuesday I picked Beth up at the airport at 7 p.m. She came up to Tulsa for our house closing on Wednesday morning. Needless to say, our closing didn't end up happening like we thought it would. Instead of a 10 a.m. closing on Wednesday, we found ourselves sitting at the closing office at 11:45 a.m. with no closing documents to sign. We also found out that the bank who owned the house and needed to sign the documents as well, couldn't sign them until 4 p.m. Meaning that we couldn't get the keys until after 4 p.m. The problem with this was the fact that I had the movers, the cable guy, and the refrigerator delivery all scheduled between noon and 2 p.m. Not to mention Beth's flight back to Houston was leaving at 6 p.m.

After sitting at the closing office for about 20 minutes, the documents finally came across. We signed our documents and paid our closing costs, but still had no house. At 4:30 p.m. right as I was getting ready to take Beth to the airport, our realtor called and said she had the keys and everything was good to go. Perfect timing, huh? Right. Luckily our movers were okay to reschedule and they were sitting at our house at 4:45 p.m. ready to unload. Our realtor ended up going to the house to let the movers in while I took Beth to the airport. So Beth never ended up getting to go in the house that she closed on.

I hurried back to the house and at 7:30 p.m. that night, all of our stuff was moved into the house. At 8 p.m. the refrigerator delivery came and that ended up taking nearly 2 hours.

I have now spent two nights in our new house and I love it. I went running for the first time in our new neighborhood last night and it was great. Our neighborhood is really quiet and everyone is very friendly.

Right now I am sitting in the DFW airport waiting to catch a flight to Atlanta where I am meeting Beth and her family and we are driving to Augusta, GA for a wedding that we are going to tomorrow night. Should be a lot of fun, but it will be a really quick trip. Luckily I only have an hour and a half wait for Beth and her family's flight to get in. It's going to be another late night, but I'm not complaining. I hope to put some pics of our new house up here soon as well as some pictures from this weekend in Georgia.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails